Why We Exist:
Born out of necessity for truly collaborative care, our clinic offers a broad spectrum of services from an array of healthcare professionals. We communicate between professionals seamlessly, and use our synergistic clinical strengths to provide you with an optimal clinical outcome. Too often in life we are stopped from pursuing the things that we are most passionate about. Unlike general practitioners, at Elite Sport Performance it is our clinical mandate to find ways to allow you to continue doing the things you love.
Our three pillars of care include
1. Treating the actual problem. We emphasize being specific with our diagnosis, and we use our specialized clinical skill along with advanced imaging to determine accurately the source of your problem.
2. Strengthen the area. With strength comes stability, and with stability almost always comes reduced pain.
3. Avoid or modify offending activities. We look closely at your day-to-day activities, postural habits and other factors that may influence the perpetuation or return of the problem.
Following each initial consultation, we send a letter back to your family physician letting them know what our assessment and diagnoses reveals. We inform them of your plan of management and we keep them abreast of your progress as you go through your clinical journey with us. We can send copies of this letter to any other members of your allied healthcare team, whether it be your yoga instructor, personal trainer or running coach.
One of the benefits of working in such a diverse multidisciplinary setting is that you the patient get the best of each of us. Ego is absent in a clinic where every practitioner knows the area in which they are clinically strongest. If your clinical condition falls outside of the scope of one practitioner, we will refer you to somebody who will be better able to help you in a timely manner.
We espouse a best evidence-based approach to care, utilizing techniques and making recommendations that are supported by research as best as is possible.
Isn’t this how healthcare is supposed to work?
Physical Health Tips & Tricks
- Fit Tips: A Guide for Recreational Athletes
- Plant & Rake Without the Ache
- Running Stretches – Your guide to 5 easy stretches
- Golf Stretches – Get in the game without the pain
- Hockey Stretches – Stretch & skate
- Pack it Light – a guide for backpack carrying
- Lift Light & Shovel Right
- Eight Errors of Distance Runners